1. This promotion is open to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), CI and IoM residents aged 16 years and older, excluding employees of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (UK) Ltd (the “Promoter”) or participating TESCO opticians, their immediate families, agents or anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
2. Entrants aged 16 or 17 must have parental/guardian permission prior to entering. Should a winner be aged 16 or 17, a parent/guardian must accompany them on the prize trip to London and in to the studio.
3. The promotion runs between 00:00:01 on 1 September 2014 and 12:00:00 (noon) on 14 November 2014.
4. To participate, an entrant must:
a. have a contact lens consultation with an optician in a participating TESCO Optician store;
b. be prescribed ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses and sign up for a free trial. Professional consultation and fitting fees may apply. Ask your TESCO optician for more details;
c. receive a specially marked entry card, which will have a unique promotional code printed on one side; and
d. go online to www.acuvue.co.uk/tesco ,complete on the online form with the unique promotional code and their personal details listed in condition 5 and submit the entry before 12:00:00 (noon) on 14 November 2014. Entries received after this time will be rejected.
5. All entrants must provide the following information online for promotional and entry purposes: first name, surname, date of birth, email address, and unique 8 character alphanumeric promotional code. The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries that supply incorrect or incomplete information.
6. Internet access is required to enter the promotion. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, misdirected or are not received by the Promoter for any technical, delivery or other reason whatsoever. Proof of submitting an online entry is not accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter.
7. Maximum of one entry per unique promotional code. Entrants may only sign up for a free trial once. Entry cards featuring codes are subject to availability within participating TESCO opticians. For a list of participating TESCO Optician stores, click here for further details.
8. In the event an entrant's email address becomes inaccessible or corrupted for any reason whatsoever during the promotion, the Promoter is unable to retrieve or transfer an existing entry to a new email address, and the entry will become invalid.
9. No bulk entries. Any person making an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified at the Promoter’s discretion. If there is any reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, immediately disqualify such entrant(s).
10. Entrants' personal details will only be used for the administration of this promotion and will not be retained after the promotion has ended and prize awarded unless an entrant has opted-in to receive further marketing communication from ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses when submitting their entry on the promotional website.
11. There are 2 prizes to be won, each consisting of tickets for 2 persons to attend The X Factor Live Studio Show on Saturday 29 November 2014. Each prize includes the following:
• Reasonable ground transportation from the winner's home address to London on Saturday 29th November returning on Sunday 30th November. The return ground transportation to be arranged and booked by the Promoter;
• 1 night's accommodation, in a double/twin room at a 5/4* hotel in London. All accommodation is to be arranged and booked by the Promoter;
• One pair of VIP studio tickets for The X Factor Live Studio Show in London, Fountain Studios, Wembley;
• Pre and post show hospitality;
12. The prize excludes:
• Transportation from hotel to venue (Fountain Studios)
• All other expenses incurred by the winner and guest when taking the prize trip
• Meals and drinks (other than the hospitality specified above)
• Travel insurance
13. Pairs of VIP studio tickets for the X Factor live studio show are only available for Saturday 29th November 2014. No alternative dates can be offered. In the event that an originally drawn winner is unable to take the prize on this date, they will forfeit their right to their prize and it be awarded to a back-up winner, with the Promoter having no liability to the originally-drawn winner.
14. The prize draw will take place on 14 November 2014. The winners will be the first two names selected at random under independent supervision from all valid entries submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
15. The winners will be subject to verification by an independent third party. The prize may be withheld until and unless the Promoter (in its sole discretion) is satisfied with the verification. 2 back-up winners will also be drawn at the time of the main prize winner and details kept until verification is complete.
16. Any guest accompanying a winner must be 12 years of age or older as per The X Factor Studio policies. Should any winner be under 18 years of age they must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age on the prize trip and to the live studio show.
17. Winners will be notified on 14 November 2014 via the email address provided in their entry and given 4 days to respond with their details (first name, surname, address and date of birth). Once a winner's details have been verified they will be contacted by email (on the address submitted with their entry) to gain all the information needed to claim the prize. Details of the prize winners (name and county only) shall be available upon request for a 6-week period following the prize draw by contacting the Promoter via email on UKCS@visgb.jnj.com.
18. If a prize is not claimed via email within 4 days of notification, that winner will no longer be eligible and the prize will be awarded to a back-up winner and clause 16 will need to be repeated. The Promoter is not responsible in the event that they are unable to notify the winner as a result of an incorrect email address or phone number having been provided.
19. Each prize is as stated, it is non-transferable, not for resale and no cash or other prize alternative is available. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award alternative prizes of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for any reason outside of its reasonable control.
20. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to the winner or travelling companion when taking their prize.
21. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details or disqualify and ensure that the awarded prize is forfeited if the winner is found to have tampered with the promotional code, entry process or the operation of the promotion or website, or to have acted in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions or to be disruptive.
22. Prize winners agree to participate in publicity related to this promotion.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters, and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winners.
24. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or suspend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions in the event of exceptional circumstances beyond its reasonable control but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
26. By participating in the promotion, participants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter is Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (UK) Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd, Pinewood Campus, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, RG40 3EW.